Well, some of you may be wondering how my appt with the doctor went yesterday. Lets just say it wasn't exactly what I wanted to hear but it wasn't a shocker either! The doctor sent me to the hospital to have another preterm labor test (fetal fibronectin test) and while he was doing the test he checked my cervix. Well I am now dilated to a 3 and 80% efaced!! In one week I went from a 1 to a 3...I was in bed and didn't leave the house all week! WOW Then test came back negative so supposedly I have at least 2 weeks before I will go into labor. But we will see how accurate the test really is...ha! When my doctor with Hunter found out I was at this point, I had him within the week. I think the one good thing about all of this is that the baby is still measuring a week ahead, at 32 weeks.
So hopefully I have at least 2 more weeks because the longer the baby is in the better. I didn't write about it yesterday because it was kind of depressing. It is hard to lay down all day and not go out of the house...it makes me crazy. But I know that it will all be worth it. Mark and I are planning on this baby being in the NICU, but the longer I can keep him in the less time he would be there...we hope anyway. But I don't think we have an option at this point of him not going to the NICU. It seems my body is doing everything it can to get the baby out. The doctor also told me that we have done everything we possible can at this point so if the baby comes we will just deal with it and hope for the best. So today being a new day...I am hoping for the best :) Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers, I know they are helping my family to get through this...especially me!
Oh, and I did get some pictures of Hunter while he was home with us last weekend so I will post those soon! We miss him TONS!!
5 comments:
You are so strong. You might not be feeling that, but you sure sound it! Good luck! We're thinking of you.
I hope that for the baby's sake he stays the additional two weeks. Does your body just fight being pregnant? This happened to my sister on baby 2 and 3. After that she was told not to get pregnant again, as it would probably kill her and the baby. Good luck Candice. You will be in my prayers.
You are a tough lady and If anyone can do this you can!! You are going to be so blessed! You are in my prayers as well. Good luck with everything! We love you here in Boise/Nampa/Kuna/Meridian....ha ha.
Hang in there everything will work out. And when you see the baby all that laying in bed forever wont seem so bad anymore!
Oh I wish you luck holding that baby in for just a little bit longer!! Hopefully this time will pass quickly for you and your family!
Post a Comment