Wednesday, October 7, 2009

what's new this week

Wednesdays have become the days of dr. appointments and spending a couple of hours at the hospital for testing. Fun, Fun. Well today they discovered I am 1 cm dilated and 60% effaced...now don't panic yet! Yes I am 30 weeks and yes I am scared but I have to relax and take the necessary steps to keep things going slow. Contractions and pain are slowly getting worse and worse, which means now that there will be no more leaving the house unless it is to go to the doctors, hospital, or my in-laws! Wow My kids spent the weekend at my parents and then yesterday because of contractions we had to send Hunter up to my in-laws for the rest of the week. I think one of the hardest things for me has been to accept that I can't take care of my kids and husband. Admitting that is even harder, but I also have to quit being selfish and focus on what is best for this little baby that still needs growing time. So to all of you I am finally admitting (without crying) that it is official...I can't take care of anyone but myself and this baby right now! Sadly Hunter knows that I can't take care of him because if there is another person in the room besides me and Tanner he will go to them when he needs something. Sad...heartbreaking...but reality! Luckily my kids and husband will bounce back from this neglect, at least that is what I keep telling myself! Anyway there is the update and hopefully next week will not have changed much :) bye bye

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How frustrating it must be to not be able to take care of your kids and hubby! That is so wonderful that you have family around to help you though. Hope time flies for you, and that you will all be able to be together again with your new healthy happy baby!!!

Tiffany said...

Well I doubt that Tanner will even remember this so that is good. Hunter I am sure has no idea whats going on and your hubby is a big boy so he can deal. You are doing whats best and that's what matter. Good luck and keep me posted!

Matt and Jen said...

Oh Candice! I am so sorry, but just know that you are doing a wonderful job as a mother. I listened to an old conference talk the other day about service and the speaker talked about young couples that decide to become parents. He said that by having children we are serving the Lord. Just remember, even if you don't think you are serving because you can't take care of your children for the time being, you are still serving the little one in your womb by ensuring he has more time to grow. You are making the ultimate sacrifice by surrendering your time to him so you can rest and keep him safe. I am so proud of you!

Rachael Cook said...

Oh Candice I am so sorry and what an amazing family you have to help and what an amazing husband you have. I remeber being on bedrest with Laker and feeling so helpless and frusterated. We lived far away from all family. And Michael was just barley 1 year old. I can't imagine having two kids. But i know the pain when i have my problems act up with my tumor, and can't do a dang thing. Casey has missed so many days of work and my kids have been to so many different houses to take care of them. You are doing the right thing, and just keep staying strong. YOu are an amazing wife and mother (even though you might not feel that way right now). I'm proud of you for asking for help, and as for all the house work, it can wait. YOU will be in our prayers.
Love, Rachael