Saturday, December 13, 2008

Glenn Beck!!

Mark got his Christmas present early this year but I don't think he cared one bit, because he got to meet his idol!! :) Glenn Beck came to Idaho Falls for a book signing on Dec 9th. I just happened to go into Barnes and Noble one afternoon before Thanksgiving and discovered that if you bought his newest book that you could get a number to guarantee you a spot in line. So if you know Mark at all he would have been really sad if he missed this opportunity, so I couldn't pass it up either!

After work he headed over, which was about 8:30pm (they started at 8pm), and had the number 174. Well when he got there a worker told him he had to go to the back of the line because they were already in the 500's! He was bummed but the worker said he would be able to get his books signed and not to worry. The line weaved in and out of all the isles in the store and then went out into the mall hallway and weaved in and out and around things there. But he finally made it and got his signature, got to say hi, and told him to have a Merry Christmas. So I think even though it was an early present that he loved it anyway! Thanks Glenn Beck!!!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Wow that sucks that he had to go to the back of the line. But I am glad he got it done. Have a Merry Christmas you two, or three, or four.

Yeehaw said...

Famous people are funny the way they turn multiple letters of their name into a tiny little scribble. When I become famous I'm still gonna write my whole name out and add all the extra swirls... just wait, you'll see.
That's a cool post though.
:-)

*. Th3 BoW3n FamiLy.* said...

wow thats awesome. Layne loves Glen Beck too! he is kinda a cool guy!